I was famished while preparing this dish, had to take a bite of this one, It looked so good and amazing especially with sweet and sour pineapple chutney. The white bean called urad dal is prepared in many ways. A great substitude for gluten free pancake, is great with anything you put on top sweet or savoury.
Vigna mungo is popular in India, Urad dal is the most alkaline of all beans in ayurveda. The bean is cooked with traditional spices or, after splitting, made into dal, it has an natural mucilaginous texture which give it a versatility to bind everything as eggs. It is also extensively used in Southern Indian culinary. To make idly-dosa batter, Urad Dal is one of the key ingredient. Usually one part of Urad Dal is mixed with three or four parts of Idli rice ( course ground) to make the batter.
You can top it off with coconut chutney or yellow dal, or super as base for yummy desserts
Ladyfinger Cheese FilletPrint Recipe
- 10 okra medium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tahini (sesame paste)
1. Sauté ladies finger with salt and dash of cumin and turmeric powder in sesame oil. You need to grill fresh sheep cheese just before serving on the palate.
2. Soak urad dal for four to five hours, blend until smooth leave it over night, next day add salt and olive oil and blend again gently.
3. Spread some oil inside the square mold. Place square mold on top of the skillet over very low heat. Pour a scoop spoon full and let it cook very slowly until the dough is firm and cooked.
4. Once you see the dosa is firm use a knife and gently scrape the inside of the mold where the pancake is touching the wall to loosen it from the wall.
5. Remove mold gently from hot pan and allowing the dosa to slide off while it is still on the hot skillet.
6. Flip the dosa over and cook for a few minutes more until firm and golden brown.
7. Mount the dish with grilled cheese and top it up with sautéed ladies finger.
Ladies finger is very beneficial to overcome arthritis and rheumatism very beneficial for joint recovery from injuries. The seed contains much vitamins and proteins. Many people don't like to see the clear liquid that flows out when you cook it. To prevent, what we normally do is only wash it and cook it whole.