Aubregine canneloni Instead of filling pasta, roll up the filling in seared aubregine, with lemon grass, fennel, tomato sauce.
Madame Aubergine CannelloniPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bulb of fennel stalk chopped into C shapes
- 1 lemon grass stalk cut two inches from the base into pieces
- 1 small red pepper roasted on fire and skinned
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried tomato soaked in olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 100 gm / 4 ounces goat feta cheese, crushed or grated
- 4 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook fennel and lemon grass until soft about 1 minute.
Reduce the heat and cook until golden, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add peppers, dried tomato and quarter cup of orange juice, bring to a boil and lower the heat, let it simmer for five minutes.
Cool it and add the remaining quarter cup of orange juice, puree in a blender and pour into a medium baking dish. Now you have a nice thick sauce.
Brush sliced eggplants with sesame or coconut oil, grill them on a skillet until golden on both sides, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
In a bowl, mash both cheese, olives, capers and one tablespoon of the parsley in a bowl.
Place a tablespoon of filling at the end of each eggplant slice and roll up from big end to the small end. You may use a toothpick to hold the little end in place or Lay seam-side down in the dish with sauce, looks pretty either way.
Place cannelloni roll on the baking dish with sauce and top the roll with one tablespoon of sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350º f / 180º c
Vegan can use macadamia cheese or cashew cheese. Please see macadamia cheese recipe.