Tamarind is a fruit that comes in a pod shell and is used commonly in South East Asia, Africa and South America. Its vitamine rich sweet pulp is excellent to alleviate rheumatism in the joints and gout in the knees as it neutralizes calcification of joints and also it rich in magnesium helping in maintaining peak memory and brain function. Mixed with peanut its a great combination for a sweet and sour sauce for vegetable dressing.
- 7 oz / 200 gm tofu cubes fried
- 1 pack or bunch of rocket salad
- 4 cherry tomato for garnish
- 2 grated baby radish
- 2 tablespoon tamarind sauce
- 1 slice of dragon fruit.
- Sauce ingredients
- 3.5 oz/ 100 gm Peanut butter or 1 cup roasted nuts
- 1/2 cup Tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 small green chilli chopped into pieces (optional)
- 1 small dried red chilli (optional)
- 10 sprigs or a small bunch of fresh coriander leaves
How to prepare sauce
1. Soak one cup of tamarind paste for 20 minutes in water.
2. Mesh the pulp thoroughly then pour the pulp into a colander and squeeze out the seeds and husk to remove the pulp and set into a bowl.
3. Roast raw peanuts separately. Take 2 tablespoons of roasted nuts and crush into small granules and set a side for garnish.
4. Place rest of the sauce ingredients into a blender and whisk it until you reach a smooth consistency.
5. Add the granules of crushed peanuts into the pulp and mix it well, This will give a nice nuttiness to the sauce.
6. Arrange the cubes of fried tofu and salad on a serving plate and dress it up with the sauce and garnish the plate with a sprinkle of the roasted nuts.