Combine with cubes of Tempeh, apples and red cabbage salad in a lettuce cup with Gallet. There are three parts to this recipe. A. The Gallet, B. Tempeh and apple mix. C Tamarind sauce. This combination is for a special occasion to show off to your friends the CHEF! in you.
A. Normally Gallet is made with buckwheat flour, eggs, and milk and eaten with plenty of cheese, butter over a layer of sliced tomatoes. Instead of using cheese and butter we will show you a healthier substitute.In this recipe, it’s completely vegan and made with buckwheat cereal soaked in water for 30 minutes or maximum for 2 hours before blending into a smooth pancake consistency paste, olive oil, and salt.
B. Tempeh is a made from cooked organic soya beans and fermented with Rizopurous Oligoporus. See below for directions on how to prepare the recipe or you can click on the Tempeh for an alternative recipe.
C. You can read about tamarind health benefits. This sauce is exceptionally yummylicous. Mixed with tempeh, apples and red cabbage is a completely wholesome and awesome meal.
Click to see: Tamarind sauce
Click to see: Gallet
Tempeh Cubes in Tamarind saucePrint Recipe
- A. Tempeh
- 2 packs of organic, tempeh, cut into small squares
- 2 cups blended fresh ripe pineapple 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup juiced rained from the blended pineapple
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 Medjool date smashed into paste
- 1 teaspoons chili sauce (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoked paprika
- B. Lettuce Cups
- Marinated, baked tempeh, apple cubes from above mix well with ingredients below.
- 1 green apples seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots into matchsticks pieces
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 heads butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce
A. How to prepare Tempeh
Stir all ingredients except tempeh, together in a medium bowl with cover.
Add tempeh and toss to coat.
Marinate, tossing occasionally for a minimum of 2 hours.
Place in oven at 350ºF / 176ºC for 1 hour.
Toss the tempeh squares occasionally to it brown evenly.
B. Lettuce Cups
Toss baked tempeh with the remaining filling ingredients.
Spoon into lettuce leaves to serve with tamarind sauce and Gallet.
Tempeh is called vegetarian meat in Indonesia and different parts of Asia.