Spring roll with sweet sour sauce is a popular succulent stater
Spring roll w Rice paperPrint Recipe
- 1 kg Mung bean sprouts
- 6 medium stalks of celery
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 Red pepper finely cut into small sticks
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 cups of fine soya / crushed tofu (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman soya sauce
- 2 tbsp of Rice Starch
- 20 sheets with rice paper
Saute all vegetables with sesame oil and white pepper except sprouts.
Once half cooked remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
After the vegetables are cooled add sprouts and mix well.
layout one rice paper and place two spoons full of vegetables roll the rice paper half way.
Fold the sides into the roll and continue to roll rice paper into a cylinder.
At the tip add some rice starch to glue the edge to the roll to prevent it from unravelling during frying.
The rolls can be baked as well.