Smoky Risotto with Black emperor rice.
Smoky RisottoPrint Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes cubed and sauteed
- 2 tbsp coconut butter to saute veggies
- 1/2 cup of hazelnuts roasted
- 1 tsp Black mustard seed
- 1 tsp Black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika powder
- 1 cup of sweet peas
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds or fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1/2 cup Black Emperor rice
- Water for cooking rice.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric power
- 2 tbsp grated dry coconut raosted in oven until slightly brown
Cubes of potato fried in coconut butter and set aside.
Sweet peas sauteed in sesame seed oil and set aside.
Hazelnuts sauteed until crunchy and set aside.
Grill grated coconut until slightly brown to bring out the rich aroma of coconut and set aside.
Cook both black and basmati rice separately and it takes both different time to cook.
Spread rice out on a tray to cool down to prevent the rice from sticking during sauteeing.
Saute all seeds in a pot with cooking butter or oil for few seconds, then add all spices, and stir for few more seconds.
Add the sweet peas, potatoes, and hazelnut and salt, giving a slight mix around.
Pour the mixture on to the tray and mix it up well. Garnish with grated coconut, and you have a fabulous dry stir fry risotto.