Farofa is the granules of Mandioca root transformed into the flour called tapioca flour.
You can buy them in a course and fine powder, and the raw flour is moist.
- 1 cup dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups of farofa ( tapioca flour granules)
- 1 teaspoon salt or according to taste
- 1/2 cup each of pitted & finely chopped black/green olives
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp of rose pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 fennel bulb sliced (from the base of fennel stalk)
In a wok sauté in coconut or olive oil fennel, parsley, dried tomato, chopped olives, for one or two minutes.
Add farofa flour, gently mix all the ingredients well
Add salt, cumin powder rose pepper and grated coconut.
Finally, squeeze over lemon juice and give it all a nice mix.
You can serve as a starter, in Brazil, it's used as a side dish.