Lupin bean cheese spread
- 2 cups of lupin beans dehulled
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp black Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of extra coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 whole lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of basil or coriander leaves finely chopped.
Soaked lupin beans overnight and dehull them manually the next day before blending them. This gives a smoother creamy consistency to the spread.
Place all ingredient into a strong blender and whisk it until smooth.
You need to stop the machine several times and scrape down rough paste on the sides and push the crushed beans back into the centre to blend again until you achieve a smooth consistency.
Place the smooth paste into a bowl, garnish with a sprinkle of paprika powder.
You can serve it with crackers, bread, spread into a sandwich or roti.