Chachapa dish typical in Venezuela many part of South America where corn is a staple food. Easy to prepare and as always delicious. Blend the raw corn, add some coconut oil, salt, coconut cream and bake it. For Non-vegan you can use butter and mozzarella cheese. Just as spectacular with a natural sweet taste of corn.
Cachapa Venezuelan Baked corn towerPrint Recipe
- 4 fresh corn on the cob
- 8.8 oz./ 250 gms potato sliced and grilled
- 1/2 cup pulse algae fried (garnish)
- 1/2 coconut oil for frying dulse algae ( Rhodymenia palmata)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (freshly squeezed from nut is best)
Remove corn from cob and mix it in a blender with coconut butter, salt and coconut cream or mozzarella cheese. Spread some coconut oil on the pan or tray, pour the puree and bake it for 35 - 40 minutes at 180º c / 356º f.
Grill potato on a skillet on both side.
Cut Cachapa into square pieces. And now you can arrange the first lay of grilled potato on plate followed by cachaca square another potato and serve it with algae dulse.
Neatly pour some pesto it on top of each stack and serve it with the salad you fancy.
1. Coconut milk from Thailand ( Aroy-d is one of the best brands) 2. You can make a corn pancake with rest of batter as well.