Grill a whole cauliflower that was sliced for a few minutes. Cauliflower steaks look great with basil pesto and even better alongside a bit of mashed potato or yams.
Cauliflower steakPrint Recipe
- 1 cauliflower head, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and (asafoetida powder mix to taste optional)
- Ingredients For Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt and ground rose pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 whole handful of lovely feeling
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Place the cauliflower onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically into approximately 4 or 5 steaks with same thickness.
As you are doing this cut, some crumbs of the cauliflower will fall off, collect and set them aside for a soup or stir fry.
Arrange the 'Cauli steaks' into a baking tray or griddle. Drizzle coconut oil over the steaks; season with turmeric, asafoetida powder, salt, and rose pepper.
You can place cauli steak over a griddle and sear it on both sides or....
Roast in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then turn them over carefully with a spatula and continue to cook for about 15 minutes more until they become soft in the middle and some darker crusting forms on the edges.
Pour a little of the sauce on the plate and carefully remove each steak with a broad flat spatula placing them over the sauce.
You can sprinkle some cinnamon powder over it and spread basil pesto lavishly.
You can serve with basil pesto and mashed sweet potato or yam and blanched sweet peas for garnish.