Angle Pose (Dvis’amakonasana) also known as Equal Angle pose is an asana also called Samakonasana, in other schools. It consists of the Sanskrit words ‘Sama’ which means equal, ‘Kona’ which means angle, and ‘Asana’ which means pose or posture. This posture is great for balance, flexibility, and for strengthening the intellect. it is also an ideal asana to prepare one for sports.
How to Execute Sahaja Utkatasana:
- Assume the Sahaja Utkatasana position.
- Extend the right leg in front, keeping it parallel to the ground.
- Raise the left arm upward and put the right arm to the right side of the waist.
- Sustain the pose for 8 seconds.
- Do the same for the opposite side of the body.
- All the steps above would complete one round.