Vegetarian codfish ( Uradal batter) and with nettle.
Bacalhau abras com nataPrint Recipe
- 1 large bowl of nettles
- 3 cups of urad dal batter
- 3 cups of hot water
- 1 tbsp Black salt (Namak give an eggy flavour)
- 1 tbsp cumin powder fresh grounded
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Asafoetida (optional choice)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 3 medium sized roots of Tapioca skinned and boiled just like potatoes
In a wok or large pan in medium fire add sesame oil.
Add all spices and sauté for 20 secs.
Add cooked tapioca roots cut into length wise strips like chips keep the center stem which resembles the bones of codfish.
Fry half of the tapioca and set aside to mix with the main dish.
Now you can add nettle leaves or spinach leaves and cook until all the leave get soft and release the liquids.
Now you can add the urad dal batter and keep stirring and gradually adding hot water.
As the mixture starts getting to a smooth consistency with the leaves all completely covered by the dough.
Add the cooked Tapioca and fried tapioca to the sauce and mix well until all covered with sauce.
Serve it hot with rice and dal.
You can use spinach leaves of your choice which shrink in size.