Garlic Free Hummus
This Garlic Free Hummus is creamy, thick, nutritious, and ready in only 10 minutes! One great quality of hummus is its versatility. You can custom make hummus to your taste preference and also the purpose. For example, before you get started on the hummus preparation, you should know how you will use it; are you making the hummus to use as a dip, or do you want it to be used as a spread.
Hacks for making amazing hummus!
Hummus for a dip: A dip should have a creamy and thick consistency. This recipe is perfect as a dip, just as it is.
Hummus for a spread: A spread should be creamy and a little wetter. You can add a little more yogurt and aquafaba (the liquid from the chickpeas) until you achieve desired consistency for this recipe. This makes spreading so easy.
Chickpea hummus is generally very thick and creamy but if you want a super light, fluffy ad creamy mixture, take out the skins. However, this means that you are going to lose out on some of the fiber. The process of removing the skins is quite simple, actually. Squeeze the peas between your fingers, and the skin will fall right off, especially if they are cooked properly.
The preparation process is as simple as it gets as you combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor then pulse to desired consistency. Taste the hummus ad adjust the seasonings, if need be, to get the best flavor.
Storage and Serving
Hummus is great for storage. It can stay for up to 5 days in an air-tight mason jar in the fridge, while in the freezer, it could go for up to 2 months. In either case, be sure to leave about an inch of space to allow for expansion. When you want to thaw the hummus you’d stored in the freezer, let it first do so in the fridge before taking it.
You can make your serving unique by using the following tips:
- Use it as a mayonnaise substitute – This hummus recipe makes the perfect mayo substitute in flavor and texture.
- Garnish with herbs, nuts, and spices – The creaminess of the hummus is brought out perfectly by adding textured garnishes such as pistachios, pine nuts, or other nuts of choice. You can also top with freshly chopped chives or parsley and sprinkle with your favorite spices, such as freshly ground black pepper and cumin. You can also drizzle with extra virgin olive oil for more silky smoothness.
- Dips and Spreads – Serve with fresh veggie sticks of your favorite vegan chips such as pita chips or spread on bread and wraps.
The ways you can enjoy this garlic-free hummus are endless. Just put on your creative hat and play with it! Enjoy!
Nutritional Benefits: Chickpeas boast a potent nutritional profile with a decent amount of calories (1 ounce of chickpeas containing 46 calories). They contain protein, folate, fiber, phosphorus, iron, manganese, and copper. All these work together to help curb your appetite; thus aid in weight loss, promote muscle recovery, support digestive function, offer heart-healthy benefits such as lowering blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemon, juiced
- A pinch of salt to taste
- A pinch of pepper to taste
- 1/4 of orange peel
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Sever in a serving bowl, garnished with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
3.1g Saturated fat