The Granthimuktasana or the Knot-Loosening Pose is an asana used in Yoga exercise. ‘Granthi’ in Samskrta means knot or doubt, while ‘mukta’ means to free or release, while ‘asana’ means posture or pose. This asana reduces stress and anxiety by calming the mind, improves balance, stimulates the abdominal organs, and activates multiple glands.
Those with low or high blood pressure should take precaution and get clearance from the doctor before practicing this asana.
How to Execute Granthimuktasana:
- Stand up straight, with the entire body aligned to the spine.
- Hold the left leg with the right hand, leg with the right hand.
- Bring your left foot up to your face without bending forward.
- Touch your right nostril with your left big toe. sustain for 8 seconds.
- Do the same with the right leg.