We had a cooking class in Venezuela. Aubergine and plantain are always in season at the farm, so we prepared them barbeque style. South America and Asia plantain as a food source it’s often powdered, sun-dried, fried snacks and made into raw, cooked and baked desserts as well. Aubergine’s dark anthocyanins with giving its colour and are fantastic grilled and topped with tomato curry sauce.
- 1 large aubergine sliced into even sizes
- 4 ripe banana ( platano)
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tables course mineral salt
- a small bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup of homemade pesto or any sauce
- 1/ 4 Olive oil
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
How to prepare
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and set aside in a small serving bowl
- Sautee the asparagus whole lightly in a skillet with butter or sesame oil and set aside.
- Slice aubergine into even thickness (8 mm or 1/3 inch )sizes and grill on a hot plate
- Wash and slice platano with skin into (8 mm or 1/3 inch ) size and grill as well
To Dress up your salad plate.
- Place a grilled aubergine on a plate and add a dash of sauce on top of it, place a grilled banana on top the aubergine with sauce and continue until its three-level high.
- Grate all beet root and carrots. Garnish plate with grated veggies and asparagus
- Spread the sauce lavishly over the vegetables and aubergine banana tower.
Enjoy a lovely aubergine banana salad.