Apple crumble cake
Apple crumble cakePrint Recipe
- 300g/10½oz buckwheat flour, sieved
- 1 tbsp of bi carbonate soda
- 200g coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 200g/7oz coconut sugar or other variety you prefer
- 200g/7oz unsalted coconut butter at room temperature, cubed, plus a little for greasing
- Zest of 2 lemon
- 1tsp vanilla powder or essence (natural)
- For the filling
- 450g/1lb green apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm /½in pieces
- 100g/2oz coconut sugar or other variety you prefer
- Juice of 1 lemon sprinkled over apples
- 2 cups tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Place the buckwheat flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Spread a layer of butter in an ovenproof dish, then place the sliced apples evenly into oven tray and sprinkle over with coconut sugar, cinnamon powder, lemon juice and vanilla powder or essence.
Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
Serve with thick cream of chocolate, carob or custard.